free website stats program 1000 mile service on 2012 ultra limited | Harley Davidson Forums

1000 mile service on 2012 ultra limited

BandT

So me and my wife run up the miles in the first 2 weeks of ownership on the ultra limited at 988 miles we dropped it off at the dealer with amsoil and filter. I got this thing back today and i swear its a different bike. It shifts better, itaccelerates smoother, it sounds better and it seems much peppier. Am i losing my mind, is this normal? The transmission doesnt even whine like it used to.

This is funny !!!! I brought my own Amsoil to the Harley dealer for my 1000 but they refused to use it. He said Harley was having issues with Amsoil. I will start doing my own oil changes as I done on my 2003 Ultra and will surley be using Amsoil. I will save the Syn3 in case I have to bring the bike back for any warranty work....Loving this 2011 Ultra Limited...I just reached my 2500 miles so upgraded to SE tuner, 255 cam, Thunderheader right side, air breather changeout...Dyno numbers are 94.07 hp and 116.34 ft. lbs. torque. Can wait to straddle this thing and see what its got.

try red line shockproof gear oil , and i use their 20x60 motorcycle syn oil. really makes a difference in my '09 t/g. glad to see you useing a betteer quality oil than syn 3. some have reported trans bearings going out on them on thee '11's. and collectively we think its that syn3 is too thin for the tranny, roll on and throttle-up.

Put the Mobil-1 in and you will feel and hear the difference. Been using Mobile-1 V-twin since I rebuilt my motor last winter.

My dealer has been pretty cool so far, except for the fact that the staff stare at my wife like shes holding the winning lottery ticket. They do whatever i ask them to do and they arr real nice about doing it.

They get faster with more miles,I guess they loosing up some.Night and day difference in my RG from new to 23k.Do all my own service,document and keep receipts.Local dealers state warrantee still in effect.Royal Purple in 2010 RG,Mobil 1 in 04 Dyna and aircraft oil with Lucas in my stroker Shovel.Road Glide has been to dealer once(Naples,Fl) shift lever on trans came loose.No charge,under warranty.

BandT....the only difference I can think of with your service was the EFI download. Believe it's a standard part of the service. Just had the 1k service done on my 2012 limited as well but i had already done the download at around 400 miles when i put on new Vance & hines slip-ons. The dealer then charged me a lower price for the 1k service, thus my opinion on what you're getting with the download. As for the Amsoil, my dealer sells it right next to the harley oil and had no issues in using it for my 1k service. I've used the Screaming Eagle synthetic in my previous harleys but am going to stick with Amsoil on the new limited. With the heat issues, Amsoil will also do a better job to help lower engine temps or at least everything i've read supports that. Rubber down !

I've used the Screaming Eagle synthetic in my previous harleys but am going to stick with Amsoil on the new limited. With the heat issues, Amsoil will also do a better job to help lower engine temps or at least everything i've read supports that. Rubber down !

Pretty much all the synthetic oils will lower the temps a bit but the real advantage is running in hot climates where the synthetic will stand up better to higher temps before breaking down.

Back