free website stats program 1000 mile check up | Harley Davidson Forums

1000 mile check up

I've had several bikes that I have taken to the dealers for that initial checkup after break in. With my flhtcu, what advice does everyone have as far as what I should exspect in price and what should i make sure they do? thanks

I don't know what HD charges, but I had mine done at my local independent shop for $89.99 (non-synthetic). I would expect to add $150.00 to that at my HOG Chapter sponsoring HD dealership.

Good folks there, but this is business.

Like Glider says, don't assume anything if you're going to let the dealer do it. Check all your fluid levels, drain plugs replaced tightly, and anything else you can get your fingers or a wrench on.

Just called today to schedule my 1000 mile service and with syn. it was 175 and that is at a dealer location.

Check torques too. I had a dealer replace the belt during a 20k check and 2 of the primary bolts weren't torqued enough. I had a slow-hard-to-trace drip for quite a while, before I finely tracked it down to the primary cover and those 2 bolts.

I agree with Butch, after my last service at the dealer, I developed a very slight leak around bottom of my derby cover. I went and got a new gasket because I was going to put a new Navy derby cover on and find out why the leak. Turned out not only were a couple of cover bolts just barely tight but the derby gasket was on backwards. Topped off the primary oil and put the new cover on with the new gasket (correctly) and torqued to specs and no more leak.

Safe Riding!,

Brad

Guys I'm outta here.You obviously don't need any help from a dealership technician seeing that we do such poor work.Support your local chopper shop.:reyes

Back