free website stats program 100,000 mile stone | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

100,000 mile stone

SALUTE!!..on your accomplishment. You must have a good PM program or a magic genie in your saddlebag. As others have asked I am most curious if you are doing anything besides normal maintenence.

I like the magic genie idea. :s I like that, I may have to get myself a genie, though with the low mileage on my bike, the genie may get bored. :) I may have to trade the bike in for an ark. Pretty impressive to get that kind of mileage out of a bike with no problems, (I might add that it is pretty impressive to get a 100k on a bike to me). :D Congrats!

Wow! Congrats and best wishes for the next 100 thou. I'm just hoping to be around long enough for a fraction of that. Again, like the others, what magic juice have you used to get that kind of service?
Ishmael

On my 99FLHTC I had to replace the tensioners every 30k until I went to the Andrews Gear driven cams plus the fairing brackets at 64k

Congrats on the big one , gettin close myself , got 88K now with no engine work besides gear drive cams , 1 stator, primary chain and slider.

I have run HD synthetic from almost day one, I have tried others but the bike seems to run a little cooler with this oil. I have always had a good PM schedule for the bike and I always take off the front lower fairing when the temp reaches 100 degrees, just not enough air on the motor when in traffic. Some of the parts replaced are, oil pump, drive belt, oil pressure gage, cam tensioner and speed sensor, clutch and throttle cable. I don't consider this to be major repairs just normal wear and tear. The engine has never been apart and burns no oil and still has good compression. I don't do anything extra special, I just stay on top of the maintenance and don't ride it hard just long.

sure does the heart good to read stories like this,just hope they build the 2010 engines as good as the 2001's..well done...

Back