1 HD = 1 million miles

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by gs34, Apr 7, 2009.

1. gs34

gs34 Junior Member

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

Bring back the FXR again.

Wonder what oil he used :D

3. Crazyfrog

Crazyfrog Active Member

Too bad Willie G wasn't there to give him a new one for the next Million miles. The Ole FSRT could go to the museam.

4. 01dynaglide

01dynaglide Junior Member

That would have been cool.

5. DDogg

DDogg Junior Member

He averages 55555 miles a year. Where the heck his he from?

6. Irish Hog

Irish Hog Junior Member

He is also a former Wisconsin senator, so it says on another site. I am curious though if the engine has ever been built or replaced?

7. RickyBobby

RickyBobby Active Member

That is really an accomplishment. Besides being an ambassador for motorcycles, he is a strong supporter of veterans rights. A fantastic individual.

I sure would like to know more details on what maintenance was done on the H-D. Things like how many tires, engine repairs and the like. It would make some interesting reading.

It would have been an even bigger promo for MoCo to give him a new bagger and send him on his way to another million miles. It would have cost them peanuts compared to showing the world that a Harley is as reliable as anything else.

8. sharpscuba

sharpscuba Banned

I was at Hal's on Saturday.He said that he had gone through 14 stator's 7 seats and I think 9 rebuilds. They were going to put the bike in the museum and I believe that he is getting a new scoot.It was a nice showing,the weather was not bad and we went to the Juneau location and then the museum.Thank you Hal's for the time and effort and refreshments.

9. Irish Hog

Irish Hog Junior Member

It should be in the museum, but I think I would want to keep it. But if they offered me a new shinny CVO Roadglide I might think twice.

10. doj1975

doj1975 Active Member

I have a friend here in SE Georgia who has 250,000+ miles on his Heritage. I don't remember what year model it is, but I have asked him about his service/maintenance history. He says that he changes his oil every 2500 miles in all three holes. He has only replaced the starter acouple of times and a couple other minor repairs. NO REBUILDS. He says he has always used HD 20-50 dino oil.