1/4-20 torque values

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by Scrounger, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Scrounger

Scrounger Active Member

I'm a bit of a retentive guy when it comes to using the correct torque values. Trying to figure out how much to torque the fuel induction module bracket bolts. The part number is 4705 but no torque value in the service manual or the parts book.

Anyone know the magic number.

2. drogueless1

drogueless1 Member

Depends on the grade of bolt. If you go to portlandbolt.com there are some torque value tables.

3. Chopper

Chopper Senior Member

Is this what you're looking for? Cylinder head flange adapter screws 96-144 in-lbs 10.9-16.3 Nm 4.13 INDUCTION MODULE, Installation/metric

4. Scrounger

Scrounger Active Member

Chopper those are the breather bolts that go into the heads that feed the oil back, the ones I'm looking for hold the bracket on the throttle body.

5. Scrounger

Scrounger Active Member

I'm going to go with 3 - 5 ft/lbs or just snug them. They have some 'special' white HD thread goop on them and they are a bugger to get in and out.

6. Chopper

Chopper Senior Member

I see the ones you mean and can not fine ether, if you have taken the bracket off for the S/E air filter install, the bolts are not holding anything on when you reinstall them, we just use some 243 on them and the old German torque spec goodintight.

7. prodrag1320

prodrag1320 Account Removed

should really get yourself a inch pound t wrench,useing a foot pound is a good way to snap bolts that small off(their not that accurate at settings under 10#`s)make sure their loctited too,seen many a motor distroyed from mounting bolts getting in t.body/carb over the years