free website stats program 1 1/4 mini apes on 03 FXDWG | Harley Davidson Forums

1 1/4 mini apes on 03 FXDWG

JeromeyS

Has anyone installed the HD 1 1/4" mini apes on their Wide Glide? My P&A catalogue lists them in two places and in one section it states that I can use my standard length cables and the other section says I need longer ones. I got stainless lines on it 2 years ago and don't want to replace them already. If anyone has done this I would love to hear what you used for cables.

If you are talking about Fat Mini Ape Handlebar (56832-04), according to my 07 P&A catalog and H-D website you should be able to use stock length cables. It makes since to me that if the only thing that is different is the o.d. of the handlebar then the stock length cables would work. The FXDWG came with 1" mini apes from the factory and you want 1 1/4" mini apes. You will need to change the risers though.
Hope that helps,
Randall

Thanks. The American and Canadian catalogues must be a bit different then. In the multi-fit section is where is shows that I need it to be +2". The bars are slightly different dimensions but there is also a bit of slack with the stock length.

Back