free website stats program 1,000 mile service. | Harley Davidson Forums

1,000 mile service.

richard gv

I changed the engine oil, Trans oil and primary today. This is the first softail I ever owned. Thanks to all the information I read on this site it went real well.
I am not sure I would have found the transmission drain plug if not for information I gathered here. ( So well hidden between the shocks). It would have been real easy to overfill andy of the 3 holes if I just went by the book. Took my time ,studied the information given here ,and no problems at all.
I am realy glad I joined this site. Thanks again for all the info.

Rich

Good job Rich - self-service is the key to self-satisfaction when it comes to bike ownership. Keep wrenching away!

We're glad you're finding this site so useful, Rich. Most of us long time members strongly feel that it's the best on the internet! Stick around, keep reading, and before you know it, you'll be helping someone else out!

Good Job, taking pride and ownership of your own work = peace of mind and satisfaction:s

I changed the engine oil, Trans oil and primary today. This is the first softail I ever owned. Thanks to all the information I read on this site it went real well.
I am not sure I would have found the transmission drain plug if not for information I gathered here. ( So well hidden between the shocks). It would have been real easy to overfill andy of the 3 holes if I just went by the book. Took my time ,studied the information given here ,and no problems at all.
I am realy glad I joined this site. Thanks again for all the info.

Rich

Very cool, Rich - you will have greater insight and a safety margin that few other owners will enjoy. Thats the great thing about wrenching your own bike!

Mark - Thanks!:newsmile026:

Back