free website stats program 09's - Extended Warranty or Not? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

09's - Extended Warranty or Not?

I was the warranty manager at ROcky Mountain HD for 2 yrs..... You need to know you can buy the extended warranty at any time with the first 2 yrs but...... if you purchase that warranty just before your 2 yr factory runs out..... that extended warranty starts back to the day your bike went into service...... so if you buy a 3 year warranty there will only be one year left on it.
Aside from that (EDIT)..... it is a good warranty and worth the investment. The used bike warranty starts from the date you purchase the warranty.....

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys got me thinkin' so I pulled the paperwork on mine. Mine clearly states that my extended warranty expires in feb. of 2016 for a total of 7 years.

Oh and that's regardless of mileage on that too:lero

Last edited by a moderator:
Warning on buying a harley that the seller syas they have a full coverage extended warranty. Weh buying a harley with this extended warranty, first have the seller sign the transfer paper work from Harley to you before you buy the bike. I'll tell you why. the seller can cash in the extended warranty, instead of transfering it to you, buy the time you get the bike home the seller could cash in the extended warranty.
The seller have 30 days ,no longer to send in the transfer of warranty and ALL the sevice records from the sellers dealer to have the Extended warranty to be Valid. The buyer has to make sure that all this must be done 30 days from purchase. so this must be done before you buy a harley 30 days. I know, I lost my 5 yr extended warranty, the seller cashed it in for $1,500 and I got NO extened warranty. Because of privacy laws the buyer can not forward the Harley dealer service records, only the original owner can. Beware, do your home work first.

I look at the extended warranty as what it is a gamble. They are betting that nothing will happen to your bike and you are betting it will. Years back when I was raising a family and money was tight I would take it because I knew if something major happened I would be in a pinch. Now the kids are grown and gone, so I don't bother with it because if something major does happen I can afford the hit or have the time to fix it myself. Besides the times I did take it on a bike or a car never did use it, all it did was give me the peace of mind, that I was covered.

My Ultra was my first new HD purchase, all my others scoots were used; however, I did take the extended warranty. I thought long and hard about it, crunched some numbers and decided to bite the bullet. I never buy extended warranties as I believe that if you buy a quality product you won't need an extended warranty but the price from HD was just too good to pass up. I'm still glad I bought it. .

Back