free website stats program 09FLHX Brake Line | Harley Davidson Forums

09FLHX Brake Line

vader

I just want to upgrade my brake lines from OEM parts but its hard for me to choose.

For my 09 FLHX with ABS, there are two kinds of lines with different banjo bolt size- 3/8, 7/16

Which one I should use??

How about the rear brake line? Any suggestion?

Thank you !

Might check w/ the dealer on that one, or wait a few minutes and Glider will likely have the answer.

Welcome Vader to the HDTimeline forum where riders and enthusiasts share their thoughts and experiences as well as provide much needed relief for those who want to service their bikes or make their rides suit their needs better. While others will probably weigh in. I have some questions.

Since your bike is so new, is there a reason why you would change the lines? Is it because the brake feel is not right (performance) or because you want to dress up the bike or just want to get rid of the black rubber hoses?

I would opt for the HD sheathed braided lines...they offer better performance (less brake hose swell AND look trick at the same time). But I would also get the right part numbers for the kit so you have everything match up LENGTH wise as well as the proper fitting fitment. Since your bike is also a new model, finding the exact cross might be your ONLY alternative, and also be aware of the proper DOT brake fluid type used on your bike. DOT 5 Silicon is NOT likely used on your machine, but just confirm what type IS by reading on the master cylinder cap, so your dealer or unknowing counter person picks the wrong type for you which has happened before...

Last edited:
Thanks for your fast reply..

The brake feel was a little bit weird but it seems fine now.

Thanks again!

Back