free website stats program 09 Ultra rear tire tread? | Harley Davidson Forums

09 Ultra rear tire tread?

walleye

Contributor
What is the criteria and how do I check if my rear tire on my 09 Ultra is still covered under the purchased raod hazard warranty? Using general garage tools to check. I do not have a tire tread gauge. Anyone know?

Tread guage can be obtained from any autoparts store, and are quite inexpensive. Just measure at three places along the tread width. Warranty is based on the tread that is left "pro-rated"...then read your warranty for coverage details.

Says 3/32. Where do I measure at? Looks to me in the center it is right at 3/32 right now. Am I at the mercy of the dealer? Do they average it out? Do they take the measurement at the tire center?

got the h/d gage 90 deg head easy to get to shrider v other end has a deph gage,, 15 bucks..

OK, Bought a tire guage today. It read mostly 4/32 but some 3/32. So as long as there is at least 3/32 I am OK? It does not have to be more than 3/32, just at least 3/32? Am I correct here? Thanks.

The road hazard tire and wheel warranty is not pro-rated it is full replacement as long as the tire has 3/32 of tread or better you won't have a problem.The tire never goes back to the moco,justs get warranty filed and tire discarded:s

Brought it in today, no problem at all. Service manager was more than helpful. I can pick up my scooter tomorrow.

Back