free website stats program '09 Ultra King TourPac Adjustment | Harley Davidson Forums

'09 Ultra King TourPac Adjustment

BBU2

I want to try a different location of the TourPac to see if it will give my Mrs a little more leg room. Can anyone tell me where the adjustment is?

I'm not exactley certain but I think you have to remove the Tour pack liner to get at the bolts you need to remove; then adjust the Tour pack to the next set of holes on the carrier rack and re install the bolts and liner. I believe you have about 2 " of adjustment dependent upon which holes you use. Good luck and let us know how you make out.

I think they make a kit that allows you to move it back a inch or so ...will check for the part number. One of the guys I ride with did it and he now can use a back rest and his wife has more room as well...I can ask him this evening where he got it and if its a Harley Item are after market item

I want to try a different location of the TourPac to see if it will give my Mrs a little more leg room. Can anyone tell me where the adjustment is?

This has been used by quite a few people and seem to think highly of the unit. He has no web page and you call him direct.
George Anderson
Moline, IL
309-762-6291
cell # is 309-236-0952

He makes a tour-pak relocation kit that is allot better then anything else out there, and a lot easier to install. $112.00 and he pays for the shipping within the 48 contiguous states.

relokit.jpg

This has been used by quite a few people and seem to think highly of the unit. He has no web page and you call him direct.
George Anderson
Moline, IL
309-762-6291
cell # is 309-236-0952

He makes a tour-pak relocation kit that is allot better then anything else out there, and a lot easier to install. $112.00 and he pays for the shipping within the 48 contiguous states.

relokit.jpg

wow that one looks much better constructed than the one my friend has...and it almost half the price he paid...I knew someone would have a good answer...lol

I'm not exactley certain but I think you have to remove the Tour pack liner to get at the bolts you need to remove; then adjust the Tour pack to the next set of holes on the carrier rack and re install the bolts and liner. I believe you have about 2 " of adjustment dependent upon which holes you use. Good luck and let us know how you make out.

Yep, you got it right. Took the tour pak liner out and found that there are two sets of holes attaching the box to the bracket. Unfortunately it was already mounted in the rear holes. I lowered the passenger floorboards for her to give her a little more leg room. We'll see if that helps when we ride tomorrow. Thanks for your help.

That bracket is made for an 08 or earlier. I do not think it would work on an 09. From looking at mine the dealer already had it all the way back, the only adjustment would be to move it forward.

Guys the 09 rearend is nowhere like the 08 or earlier.

Steve

ps: I know Im a newbe here and I am not trying to step on toes of the oldtimers but you need to know the difference in the 09's

Back