free website stats program 09 Ultra hot | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

09 Ultra hot

I'll take it for another spin and see if still runs hot. I'll dump the Syn 3 and put in the Mobil 1. Do I also need to change the oil filter when I switch to the mobil ?

Thanks for all the advise.

No need to change the filter but you may want to drain the SYN 3 out. They will mix but why would you want to?

Why not just change it after the trip? I've run the Syn3, M1, and Castrol Syntec and my bike has always run hot. If you really need it changed out I'd go back to dealer and ask them to replace it with the HD oil. you already Paid for it.

The way I see it is this.

Your bike most likely had the HD360 oil from the factory which as far as oils go is pretty good oil, only the CVO bikes get to use that poor excuse for an oil SYN 3.
You NOW have Syn 3 in there so I would drain the engine oil and replace it with a quality oil like Mobil 1 synthetic, it may be the difference you are feeling here.

SELECT......Don't settle on oils.

Now I gotta clean coffee off the monitor :woot:

I doubt that the bike would run hotter because of the SYN3 oil, or any other proper weight fresh oil.

Of course, that does not mean that something else might be going on. You should probably get an oil temperature gauge, to make sure.

Theo.

Back