free website stats program 09 Ultra concern | Harley Davidson Forums

09 Ultra concern

09ultra

Banned
I have a concern or maybe I should say question about my 09 Ultra. Just at 200 miles and I think the problem I am experiencing is more than the normal complaint on the hesitstion at take off. I realize all have said this is noticeable, but it is more than noticeable on mine. This evening, while letting it run for a couple minutes to warm up, the idle was irratic. It was going from 1000 RPM for about 3 seconds and then it would miss and jump down to around 800 RPM, It did this continuously for the couple minutes I let it warm up. After driving a few miles it seemed to idle better at 1000 RPM. However, at all times when I take off in 1st gear, it wants to "sputter" or act almost as if it were in 2nd gear. Once it "grabs" it is fine and pulls nicely. Even after I get going it wants to sputter a bit until I get going. I know this is under warranty, but my question is this: Is this normal with these bikes? Are other experiencing the same or even less but similar symptoms? Should I wait till the 1000 mile check up to address the problem? The dealer I bought from is 100 miles away but I am sure the local dealer would look at it as I have a good relationship with them. I only bought elsewhere because they could not get the bike I wanted. They actually helped me find it. I do not completely understand the throttle sensor mechanics.Anyway all help is appreciated. :small3d029:
Mark

you have warrenty it does not matter wear you take it for service. or warrenty. iwould have them look at it a soon as possible. i would hate to come here and find out that you have been hurt or whorse because you have a problem. when i got my 06 fatboy a had stalling problem when coming to stops that was scary becase at low speeds in fisrt gear it would look up the rear wheel just about droped the big.

Mark

I agree with the warranty stated above.

Take it in and get it recorded exactly by the service writer and be specific what is going on just to protect yourself. I understand there is a new download that helps with this issue but as with every new thing on these bikes, there's always problems associated with them.

Glad I found your post. Mine also acts as if it lacks power or something on the take off. I contributed it to the sound or something--cant hear anything hardly with the silent pipes on it. I have my service due in 300 miles. Like to know what u found out if u take it in.

Could it be the rear cylinder cutout is turned on? I turned mine off since the weather is pretty decent now in Pa. and I didnt like the extra shaking when it turned on. I was happy to find out that we can choose to deactivate this feature by turning on the ignition and "run" switch, then turn the throttle backwards (closed position) till it stops, hold there for 3 seconds and you'll see a light on the tach that turns red if the system is de-activated, green if activated. Try that and let us know!

Back