09 Ultra Clutch

Discussion in 'Transmission' started by TonyCC, Nov 28, 2009.

1. TonyCC

TonyCC Member

I have an issue with the clutch. It has been replaced once at 12,k miles and it never has felt right sense. I have had to adjust it within 2k miles after replacement, due to the fact the free play vanished sitting at a stop light. I found the clutch adjustment free play on the adjuster screw was completely gone. I cannot believe I am that hard on a clutch, and I don’t see anything else to check. Any recommendations? Any suggestions including a replacement clutch pack supplier?

2. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

You mean the screw & nut under the derby cover? Your out of adjustment?

3. TonyCC

TonyCC Member

yep.. was tight against the washer

4. TonyCC

TonyCC Member

the first replacement at 12k cost $435.00. They said it was a normal wear item. Choice, pay or not get the bike back.

5. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

What is your primary lube.

6. TonyCC

TonyCC Member

Mobil 1 V Twin 20w 50w

7. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

I never used that oil. Is it blended for clutches? Correct me if I am wrong but isn't that motor oil?

8. TonyCC

TonyCC Member

My understanding is the Dealer uses the same oil in the primary/clutch as in the engine

9. glider

glider Veteran Member

10. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

This is the 1st profound statement I have made since I joined HD talking.

I know I am going to get a lot of heat from this one but I would not give $10 for a Tanker of Mobil 1. I have had repeated failures on several engines and applications using Mobil 1. In a testing lab, I am sure the oil is Great. But for me, nothing but failure after failure after failure.

I won't bore you with the details but they are available upon request!!:p:p