09 ultra antennas

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by kevdon, Mar 4, 2009.

1. kevdon

kevdon Member

OK i took my antennas off to cover the bike. now i see that the antennas are marked CB and am/Fm. if your standing in back and looking to the front of the bike, which side is the CB? apparently it matters. thanks in advance. kevdon

2. Woodsman

Woodsman Member

Assuming it's the same as a Tri-Glide, the am/fm is on the left when you are sitting on the bike. I just walked out and looked to be sure.

3. dirtdobber

dirtdobber New Member

In case you can not remember, that happens when we get older. Well it has for me anyway. Look in the tourpak and lift the liner out and you will see a coil load that's for the cb.

4. walleye

walleye Junior Member Contributor

Or you can do what I did.... leave the things off. My AM / FM / weatherband works fine locally without them and I never will use the CB. I use my MP 3 and CD player so I have zero need for them and the bike looks much cleaner IMO. But than, thats just me....:D

5. chrishdguy

chrishdguy Member

I always liked to see guys put the shorty antennas on. I know that the hidden antennas don't allow you to get any reception, but I think the shorties look really nice on a bagger.