free website stats program 09 Street Glide | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

09 Street Glide

Ok, so here is the latest issue. I had switched helmets, thought that might be the cause of the buffeting. Then I added the 6.5 clearview and still had the buffeting, so tonight I switch back to my original helmet and the buffeting is still there. ?? What gives? I tried various riding positions, still got the buffeting. The windshield height is, in my opinion, perfect. Could it be the air density or something like that due to the changing of the seasons??

Thanks. I tried that too. Didn't help. Buffeting still there. Very frustrating because it has come from no where. ????

I've found when I ride with my feet out on the highway pegs I will get some buffeting. Feet on the floorboards and there it disappears. Put you feet on the floorboards, knees on the tank and, if it goes away, the buffeting is coming from your leg/foot position. I run a 9.5" clearview w/ recurve and have zero buffeting unless my feet are on the highway pegs and pointed out. Good luck, it's frustrating....

I have an 09 with the 8 inch Clearview with recurve. Slight buffeting, but huge improvement over stock. What are the air baffles for the fairing being discussed.

Stopped back by the dealer today...picked up an air dam/buffer. It is a chrome piece shaped like a half moon. It mounts with 3 screws under the fairing but above the front fender (that open space in between). It redirects the air coming through there back down towards your feet. Was told it helps reduce the wind coming up under the fairing a great deal. For $24.95, figured why not, can't hurt.

Anyone else have this?

Stopped back by the dealer today...picked up an air dam/buffer. It is a chrome piece shaped like a half moon. It mounts with 3 screws under the fairing but above the front fender (that open space in between). It redirects the air coming through there back down towards your feet. Was told it helps reduce the wind coming up under the fairing a great deal. For $24.95, figured why not, can't hurt.

Anyone else have this?

They work but read this before proceeding any further...

Air Dam Installation - Harley Davidson Community

So I have a 2010 Street Glide I picked up a couple of weeks ago. Coming from riding without any windshield in the past I wasn't really impressed with the turbulence behind the fairing.

I bought 2 windshields from FastAire - a dark tint 6" and 8". I'm not too patient and bought both so I could try out both. Cost me $70 delivered in 2 days.

I first installed the 8" and off I went for a ride - wasn't thrilled. Had more expectation that what the results actually were. Then I came home and installed the 6" and wend for a ride, and seemed to be better for me. But still not 100% pleased.

Today I went to HD and picked up the Dark Smoked Fairing Air Deflector for $39 and installed them right away - took longer to get them out the package then to install them. Went for a ride - WHAT A DIFFERENCE it made. So much better. Perfect combination of wind behind the fairing without my sunglasses vibrating all over the place. Perfectly smooth.

I've been riding for over 20 years. For the past 5 years I've been on choppers - 2003 Big Dog Chopper and now a 2006 Texas Chopper (still have this one) and before them I had a Nightrain and Softail Custom. So I'm used to wind in my face. And actually prefer direct wind without a windshield. Seems to be nicer to have a steady stream of wind rather than the bumping around of wind behind a fairing.

But I can say now it's really nice and the way I expected it to be when I bought the SG.

So my recommendation would be - get the right size windshield for your height and the lower fairing air deflector. So in reality I could have forgone the 8" and just bought the 6" and deflectors - cost for this mod = $68.

I could have spent more on a Klockwerks or some others like that. But to be honest I love the lines of the SG and not a fan of the KW windshield curves. I think it distracts from the bike. And I'm not a fan of the price they want for them. This is just my opinion, so please do not think I'm slamming anyone who may have one.

I'm looking forward to an all day ride tomorrow. Actually this weekend is going to be a good one - Saturday with the wife on the SG and Sunday on the chopper with my buddies. Sunny days in Arizona in the Fall are the best...

sgfront.jpg

sgback.jpg

sgside.jpg

Back