free website stats program 09 Street Glide Aftermarket Parts | Harley Davidson Forums

09 Street Glide Aftermarket Parts

RottMan

I'm so stoked! My '09 SG (Vivid Black) will be at the HD dealer by next Friday.

I want to do some immediate mods, both cosmetic and performance, but am not having much luck finding many options out there yet.

Does anyone know if there are exhaust systems (not just slip-on mufflers) and rear wheels (to accommodate the new cush drive system) being produced yet?

Or have you done any similar mods to your '09 that you'd like to share?

Thanks in advance!

I saw one a few weeks ago at the dealer ready to be picked up.... he already had Vance & Hines pipes... and several pieces of chrome added. Black as well and looked great... that same dealer had two Sunglow Red in stock with different wheels... one had the mag type and the other one wire wheels... I could have taken either and would be very happy.
:D

That's good to know about the wheels.

I had already been to V&H's website and saw what they have for 09. I couldn't find anything for others like Reinhardt or ThunderHeader though.

Thanks for the reply!

Not sure how many got the ball rolling on this exhaust yet. Hopefully I'll pick up my 09 today Pewter Pearl awesome in the sun! Got the wire wheels, would have liked to have the other FL mags though:):D

Got mine last Saturday, finally got to ride it about 100 miles yesterday... Mine is the Pewter Pearl and it does look awesome in the sun, especially when you're the one riding it!
Re: After market: check out the posts on Jackpot slip-ons, there's a LOT of info, and another member adapted the Mustang solo and pillion to fit his 09 SG, posted pictures, etc... It looks really good... I may do the same...(EDIT)the stock seat pretty much sucks, so I've got to do something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up the bike yesterday, one word AWESOME!! much better than the older frames. I've got a great big smile right now:D definitely glad I didn't buy one last year or I'd be pissed:bigsmiley10::bigsmiley10:

I too picked up my Vivid Black 2009 SG yesterday, wow what a great ride. I was on a 05 FXDWGI.

Was at the dealer the parts man said V&H had no trues out yet for this bike and Mustang had no seat. I too think the stock seat is a pain in the (EDIT). When you guys and gals here of something coming out please contact me and I will do the same.

Great Bike ya all got there! Congrats!

Wes

Last edited by a moderator:
I too picked up my Vivid Black 2009 SG yesterday, wow what a great ride. I was on a 05 FXDWGI.

Was at the dealer the parts man said V&H had no trues out yet for this bike and Mustang had no seat. I too think the stock seat is a pain in the (EDIT). When you guys and gals here of something coming out please contact me and I will do the same.

Wes

Welcome to the forum, I'm new here too, and there a ton of information and some real helpful "old-timers". You CAN use an '08 Mustang seat, or you can be patient and wait for the '09 at the end of the year... I obviously failed the patience test.

Here's a thread from Teleman001 that really helped me with my '09 SG:
http://www.hdtimeline.com/touring_models/6371-2009_street_glide_improvements_over_2008_a-6.html#post58849

Here's what I did/where I went with mine:
http://www.hdtimeline.com/touring_models/8618-2009_street_glide_mods_completed_rtr.html#post67375

Good luck, good riding.

Wes

Just got an email from Mustang....09 seats available in December.

Back