free website stats program 09 street bob pig tail | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

09 street bob pig tail

I bought it new. As far as I know it was supposed to be. I bought it online and the store I bought it from said that the unit was shipping directly from doebeck.
WAP.gif

Sorry...little slow on the response b/c you answered right when I posted. I say follow Dobeck's recommendation & shave the connector down a tad (little at a time) and keep trying until they snap together. I know mine were tight, but got the telltale "click" so keep working it. If all else fails, and you don't feel comfortable modifying, call Dobeck & they'll definitely assist - great bunch!

Sorry...little slow on the response b/c you answered right when I posted. I say follow Dobeck's recommendation & shave the connector down a tad (little at a time) and keep trying until they snap together. I know mine were tight, but got the telltale "click" so keep working it. If all else fails, and you don't feel comfortable modifying, call Dobeck & they'll definitely assist - great bunch!

Ok thanks ill give it a shot.
WAP.gif

Why not just ask here on HDTimeline? There waiting to respond.

choochooharley -

For your 09 HD Dyna the injector connectors should look like the attached picture. The Male connectors are shaved down from the original mold to make a better fit. Would guess you just received a unit where the shaved down part was not in the correct tolerance. Would have to wonder how old the unit actually is?

Suggest to take a file to remove a little more plastic off the ends.

I did ask and I think I got my response. Or maybe im confused.
WAP.gif

It's posted above directly from Dobeck.:D

I have the same problem on my '08' Night Train. I'll have to double check the unite is for my bike. I think, I tossed the box it came in, does it say on the device its self?

You probably have the correct one from what I have come to find out there were a few units that did not meet specs and the male pigtale didnt getshaved down at the factory and the solution is to file down the pigtale your self..

Back