free website stats program '09 ST Deluxe or '09 RK | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

'09 ST Deluxe or '09 RK

I of course will say Road King .. Though i like a Softail and want one if you plan on lots of 2 up RK wins cruise is awesome

Deluxe will beat the RK for ride and comfy, handling and fun if you ride solo, RK wins hands down for two up compared to the Deluxe. I have riden all three. My advice is go directly to the Ultra if you want to satisfy all for two up. Don't ask me how I know this. LOL!

The Ultra Classic will definatly be the hands down favorite when it comes to comfort however, the top heaviness can be an issue for some people. I believe he said he was 5'11" though, as I am. Solo wise they are no problem. However when my fiance is on the back and its fully loaded, it gets kind of top heavy.

The Ultra Classic will definatly be the hands down favorite when it comes to comfort however, the top heaviness can be an issue for some people. I believe he said he was 5'11" though, as I am. Solo wise they are no problem. However when my fiance is on the back and its fully loaded, it gets kind of top heavy.

Yeah, I am 5'10" and when my wife is along, I am careful where I park and it is a legitimate concern. Still, not a regret from my decision to go to the Ultra though. It is a dream machine in my book. Wish I would have done it at least one bike ago, but then I would not have the (hopefully) improvements of the 09.

Yep, 5' 11" 210lbs.

I'm hoping I can keep her away from the Ultra. I would rahther have the RK. She won't be with me only about 1/2 the ride time.

What is it with height? I'm only 5'-8'', my EGC. is not lowered and I can sit comfortably on it ,both feet flat on the ground and the way the centre of gravity is on it I find it doesn't feel as top heavy as my old honda did.(Until my wife packs it up with luggage for a two week trip including cooler bag on the luggage rack):s

I have some issues with height. I was ok on the Ultra Classic (By ok, I mean flat footed) until 2008 when they added the 6 gallon gas tank. It was still tolerable, but then in 2009 with the new frame, I am not flat footed. I can still ride them of course, but it is a bit of a concern if I were to run into gravel or something. My 30" inseam makes it a bit of a disadvantage, but I make due.

Back