free website stats program 09' Sportster center stand | Harley Davidson Forums

09' Sportster center stand

gggdds

Having had older Honda's as previous motorcycles, I miss not having a center stand...I see holes in the frame of my Sportster for for a center stand, but I haven't been able to find one made for it. On HD's website, they appear to make a center stand for the softails and other bigger bikes, but not the Sportster...am I weird to want a center stand? The bike will take up less room in the garage and be easier to work on with it...or am I just going to have to go to Harbor Freight and spring for one of those wheel chocks? Anybody ever modified the HD stand they sell for the Softails?

Having had older Honda's as previous motorcycles, I miss not having a center stand...I see holes in the frame of my Sportster for for a center stand, but I haven't been able to find one made for it. On HD's website, they appear to make a center stand for the softails and other bigger bikes, but not the Sportster...am I weird to want a center stand? The bike will take up less room in the garage and be easier to work on with it...or am I just going to have to go to Harbor Freight and spring for one of those wheel chocks? Anybody ever modified the HD stand they sell for the Softails?

No you are not weird. But you may find if you could even locate a center stand going around corners will be compromised.
So just go to Harbor Freight and purchase some good tie downs and getter done..
If you are comfortable with parking bike with kickstand side against wall it will park a lot tighter and take up less room.....

I went with a wide deck scissor jack with a 1100 pound rating. I would send the link but I havent posted enough to do so yet. I found it on eBay. for I think $74.00.

holes in the frame for a centre stand? were abouts are these on a sporty as ive never seen them and had 7 of the blighters, they might not also be weight bearing and only points were its in the jig for welding, ive never really looked for these holes either LOL or needed a center stand , would comprise a sporties handling , and ive never actually seen one made for the sporty either - i use a clarke bike lift with 1600lb lift as i put glides on it as well.

For parking, I'd just get the wheel chock. For maintenance, I'd get a good motorcycle lift over a centre stand anyway since you can get the bike higher and it's less bending over if you like to sit on a stool while working.

Back