free website stats program 09 softtail rocker c -high revs cutting out | Harley Davidson Forums

09 softtail rocker c -high revs cutting out

benjo

Hello every one. I'm visiting Singapore for a couple of weeks and babysitting his beautiful Rocker c.
She's blue, loud, and as gutsy as any Harley i've ridden and she, well rocks!!
Problem is after a couple of mins 1st gear (in particular) seems to cut out ,just for a second at high revs. It feels like there is a cut in the fuel delivery or something. It does it in other gears but mostly in 1st. I realise that the pleasure in Harleys is their low end but when taking off from lights she gets to the high end and then pauses. The owner drives very cautiously, but i love the feel of the power to get me to the speed i'm going to. I know these bikes aren't designed to take on V.Rossi or other jap. bikes and that they run HOT but just wondering if i'm giving it too much, weather there's a system telling me to shift or if it's a problem. I'd appreciate any imput because he get's home in a couple of weeks and would (EDIT) himself if he thought i'd ridden his girl too hard!! Thanks

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank for this. Does the stock rev limiter apply to all gears? Really don't think i'm thrashing it-no rev meter but i'd say half way into the range.

Thanks for your thoughts guys. Turns out the pipes had been changed to screaming eagles as well as the air inlet(filter?) as well and it needs a super tuner to sort it out.
I'm riding on!
Ta

Nice to hear you ride her hard Hobbit- Mate as i said i'm no where near(not my bike!). No rev meter but around half way on the range. I'd like to sit on the back of your one though!! At 135 Kg and 6"4 don't think it would get into 5th!!If fact we wouldn't fit!
Cheers

What are you going to tell your friend when he gets back and notices the bike has more vibrations than when he left it and finds out you scissored the cranks by beating on it?:D

Hello every one. I'm visiting Singapore for a couple of weeks and babysitting his beautiful Rocker c.
She's blue, loud, and as gutsy as any Harley i've ridden and she, well rocks!!
Problem is after a couple of mins 1st gear (in particular) seems to cut out ,just for a second at high revs. It feels like there is a cut in the fuel delivery or something. It does it in other gears but mostly in 1st. I realise that the pleasure in Harleys is their low end but when taking off from lights she gets to the high end and then pauses. The owner drives very cautiously, but i love the feel of the power to get me to the speed i'm going to. I know these bikes aren't designed to take on V.Rossi or other jap. bikes and that they run HOT but just wondering if i'm giving it too much, weather there's a system telling me to shift or if it's a problem. I'd appreciate any imput because he get's home in a couple of weeks and would (EDIT) himself if he thought i'd ridden his girl too hard!! Thanks

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

What are you going to tell your friend when he gets back and notices the bike has more vibrations than when he left it and finds out you scissored the cranks by beating on it?:D

After reading the OP - I wouldn't be able to say on here what I would say to this "rider" if it was my scoot!! IMO --- Park the bike and leave it alone if your going to treat YOUR FRIENDS BIKE this way.

Alright fellers i'll say it again it's happening at mid range(if fact it happens early range in other gears-not all the time just now and then.) The limiter hasn't kicked in once -it turns out from calling him (actually my brother) and telling him about the problem ,told me the diagnosis was caused by the custom pipes and air filter and the need for the super tuner which he has ordered. His mecho has given it the all clear until the parts arrive.
I just wanted a piece of mechanical advise as to if other softtail rockers models have had similar symptoms before i checked with him as to whether he'd experienced the same thing which he had.
So the "Counselor" who wants to tell me about my moral duty should understand if is a small word and IF it was a 150K Aston Martin that i couldn't afford to replace- i would park it up. I certainly don't want a cyber pillow fight -just mechanical advise.
If someone else has the same symptoms and has customised his pipes/air filter he can read about the case above.No one suggested it could be down to that.
Thanks

Thats what i'm after!! Thanks for this advise i'll take it. I just haven't found the keys to the vrsc thats in the garage (yet!) and sheeesh i need to get around. Thanks for the tip i'll pass it on.It's very hot at the moment and humid as well-everyones sweating like Gary Glitter in a Cambodian nick! Nice work Hobbit-appreciate it.

Back