free website stats program 09 Six Speed Transmission | Harley Davidson Forums

09 Six Speed Transmission

rjvice

Just bought an New 09 FLHX Street Glide and have found that 5th gear has a very loud whine. Called dealership and I was told it has something to do with a unique cut of the teeth for 5th gear only in the new 6 speed. Is this true, or am I getting a blow off...thanks in adva:newsmile07:nce

same answer that has been given to 07 and 08 six speed owners.. you can try soem golden spectro six speed trans lube .. it helps .. best way to get ride of it louder pipes and some awesome jams up loud on radio

Will the lube help that sloppy 1st to 2d shifting? Besides the "clunk", seems I am always hitting neutral instead of second? My apologies if this should have been a separate thread.

Chip

It should help the shifting also. You'll find that finding neutral on a downshift will be improved as well.

I use Mobil 1 full synthetic gear lube 75-90 & it seems to work fine , the trans shifts smoother & run quieter & it is easy to get , you can find it in most auto parts stores , I get it @ Auto Zone for about $10 a quart .

Back