free website stats program 09 Roadking Classic with 4pt docking | Harley Davidson Forums

09 Roadking Classic with 4pt docking

airforceacop

with my 4pt docking kit on i have trouble opening the leather saddle bags all the way, now I have marks on my leather where it rubs against the docking station...any one else have this trouble??

I had the same problem , install the chrome caps when it i was not using the docking hardware. Also there is a stop kit available.

Last edited:
I had the same problem , install the chrome caps when it i was not using the docking hardware. Also there is a stop kit available.

Do these have part numbers, if so would you have anote of them please? I have had a look in my 07 catalogue and can't see anything relating to this. I have the same problem and it is irratating to say the least. Thanks in advance.

thanks for the repies?.....you'd think my parts guy would have recomemended one of these???....be a chance for more sales...now i have to buy them anyway and have marked up bags//

I wanted Docking hardware for my 09 Road King Classic for a detachable Sissy Bar (2 post). I purchased it, installed it and a couple days later I see dents in the lids of the leather bags. I figured it out that the lids are hitting the post on the docking hardware each time I open the bags. I thought that Harley screwed up. I called the Dealer and they told me that I should have purchased a hinge stop kit. There was no answer when I asked " Why didn't you tell me about the Hinge Stop Kit when I bought the Docking Hardware". So heads up if you don't want dents in your new bags.

Yeah, I put the 2 post quick detach hardware on my bike for the sissy bar for my sissy wife. Two weeks later I had two nice little notches in my bags. Go figure. Went to talk to the stealer about it and ask why they didnt tell me about the hinge stops, and he asked me why I didnt ask him??!!?? Live and learn.

Back