free website stats program 09 road king check engine light | Harley Davidson Forums

09 road king check engine light

daddyo35

when I turn ign. on and hit switch, wait for lights to go out, then crank it over, it starts and runs for 3 seconds the engine light comes back on, about 8 or so seconds later it will go out. sometimes it will not go out and runs like theres a cork in it. Ive checked codes and there are NONE. whats up with this?

when I turn ign. on and hit switch, wait for lights to go out, then crank it over, it starts and runs for 3 seconds the engine light comes back on, about 8 or so seconds later it will go out. sometimes it will not go out and runs like theres a cork in it. Ive checked codes and there are NONE. whats up with this?

Getting ready to st a historic( hard ) code

i put two bullet lights under the bags (one on each side and wired them into my rear lights so they come on when ign. is turned on. could this be causing this?

i put two bullet lights under the bags (one on each side and wired them into my rear lights so they come on when ign. is turned on. could this be causing this?

I doubt that would do it, Do you have any exhaust or intake mods?

k&N air filter kit, removed stock mufflers and added straight fishtails (headpipes are stock) and a power commander. Have 23,000 miles on bike now . Bike ran fine until recently this started happening. Ive had those pipes, etc. on for over 10,000 miles without ever a problem. was wondering if a weak battery could be causing this

Ive been messing with this most of the day and was rechecking for codes and this came up . P1510- EFI Limited performance mode
P2122- TGS1 Low/Open
P2138- TGS Correlation Error

What does all this mean? thanks for any help

P2122 TGS1 Low/Open. Twist Grip Sensor problem. Loose/faulty or pinched wiring or possibly bad sensor. Have you changed grips or had throttle problems lately?

P2138="Twist grip sensor" voltage correlation error. Both sides of the voltage range when at part throttle should equal 5.0 volts when added together. When they do not, this code is set.

Both can result from the same event in that what may have caused the P2138 can also trigger the P1510. Both can be caused by a poor or momentarily lost connection at the twist grip connector (inside the handlebars).

I will check this. I did change bars and grips but this problem just started happening. Is the twist grip sensor that whole tube that the grip slides onto? there is a wire connection on the end of it. I will check this out tonight and hopefully Ill have good news. Thank You

Back