free website stats program 09 rk handlebars | Harley Davidson Forums

09 rk handlebars

CHUCK1884

Would like to change the handle bars on my 09 RK and am not sure that the easy reach bars HD offers will come back as far as I want-dealer says there is a two inch difference but without putting it on hard to say if thats the right spot for me-unfortunately there are no demos to check out-anyone with knowledge on this-would like to sit more upright, not leaning forward as I now am.

The dealer claims I need to change the brake line and electrical cable to install easy reach bars which with the cost of bars now makes this a three bill swap-so should I just stop whinning and fork over the cash?

Not sure on the 09 bikes but 2" can usually be done without changes. The drive by wire may be the difference in the harness in your case.

If you have the 3 bills, go for it, comfort is something you can't put a price on IMO.

Try the New Style Heritage bars, you do not need to change anything cable or brake line wise. Pull back is fine and they only run around $70

Harley-Davidson | Accessories And Apparel | Genuine Motor Accessories

I had the dealer install them and I think it was under $160 for everyting, for that price this would be the place to start. The bars were comfortable

Would like to change the handle bars on my 09 RK and am not sure that the easy reach bars HD offers will come back as far as I want-dealer says there is a two inch difference but without putting it on hard to say if thats the right spot for me-unfortunately there are no demos to check out-anyone with knowledge on this-would like to sit more upright, not leaning forward as I now am.

Back