free website stats program 09 RG w/ CEL coming on and then off | Harley Davidson Forums

09 RG w/ CEL coming on and then off

Grillfish

Hi. I noticed recently on my 09 RG, having 600 miles on it, after I start the engine following the HD manual procedure, the CEL light comes on, then turns off 10 seconds or so later.

Is this something to worry about and should I take it to the dealer or wait until my 1,000 mile service and bring it up? Engine runs fine, no popping, coughing, surging, etc...

I tried looking up 09 DTCs on the site, but my search skills are not that good and couldn't track them down.

This is my first FI bike, so not use to some of these trouble lights/codes, etc..

Thanks for the help!

Have fun and ride safe.
Todd

When the CEL comes on after starting, remains on for 8 seconds then goes out, that is the indication that you have an inactive logged code.
Do a search for the DTC here on the site and it will steer you thru clearing the codes.
Otherwise, if it remains inactive, it will clear itself after 50 starts.
Go to the self help section and look under Diagnostics and Fuel Injection Related

Last edited:
Thanks! Those directions worked perfect on the 09. I got P1009 (incorrect password) and I cleard it. I went through all the modules and they now show "none".

Thanks again for the quick replies and the link!

Have fun and ride safe.
Todd

Helping each other is what it's all about. The results are good for everyone!

Back