free website stats program 09 Night Train questions | Harley Davidson Forums

09 Night Train questions

Hey guys, great forum here. Bought my first fuel injected bike last week. Had a million Harleys before, but this 09 Night Train with fuel injection is something completely new to me.

Wanting to put a set of pipes on but getting lost in this mess of having to remap the computer.

If I let the dealer do it and pay the labor cost, are they just gonna install the SERT, and match it to my pipes and intake I buy ?

Or do they "plug it in" to something at the dealership and modify the ECM somehow ?

Or am I simply better off getting the Vance and Hines FuelPak, or the Dynojet ? And then matching it up to the pipes and intake I get.

Any input would be mucho welcome.

Thanks
Mike

Find the pipes that you want and then make a choice to buy a FuelPak or have your dealer do a stage 1 updgrade. In either case, be sure that you have the dealer tune it on their dynomometer to optimize performance and fuel use.

You can do just pipes but the system will be on the very lean side of the range and should be richened up for proper running. Adding a unit like the TFI will give you a much better running motor.

Guys, Thank you for all the input. You've been very helpful so far.

Stupid question part two:
Leslie and I were just out in the shop smoking and talking about the bike. Been eyeballing a forcewinder type air cleaner. However, her and I both like the stock air cleaner look. And I dig the 96 cubic inches script on it. Makes your (edit) a little bit bigger having that LOL....
Anyway....Instead of getting some run of the mill forcewinder or spike type air cleaner, can I just put some type of K and N hi flow filter in the stock housing ? If so, anyone have a part number by any chance.

Thanks a million

Mike

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much. Just what I was looking for. Sorry about the language in my last post last night.
I had a couple drinks and was typing without editing myself.

Mike

Back