free website stats program 09 Heritage relay switch gone !! | Harley Davidson Forums

09 Heritage relay switch gone !!

DANNY MC

Bike was in for some mods this week,all good except they said they had to replace relay switch?:bigsmiley28:,said it was prob water intrusion or they can just go:small3d007:,i suppose they neednt have told me,thing is i wash the bike regulary, only ride in rain if i get caught out,and do spray with WD40/ACF50 after bike dry...new to HD's so were is this relay switch they onna bout,so i knw not to go near it when i next hose bike before/after washing. p.s this is not high powered hose just light sprinkle to remove and loosen dirt..Thanks guys

If you have repairs done, servicer must provide you with the old parts, as well as itemized details on the work order as to what was done and the associated charges. Where is the old relay, and why not ask them where it was..."--just so you do not "damage" it again...?" You may want to pick up a $60 US service manual, best accessory you can buy for your bike...should not have gone bad so early in life, but then you do live in the UK...RAIN...what other weather is...there?! :newsmile030:

Like NewHD stated, I would like to see the old part(s). I have heard of a Relay, and I have heard of a Switch but never heard of a "relay switch". Almost sounds like they replaced 2 parts.

Maybe it was just a relay,obviously a plug in unit,anyway if im washing bike what area do i need to keep away from? or at least not linger on with water?

The true definition of that part is a solenoid or contactor. Usually when relays go above the 100 amp rating, they are called contactors.

Not trying to slit hairs, but I still don't know what they replaced on the OP's bike. To me, it most likely it was a relay and not a switch..

Cheers fella's,so were is this relay located ?
On my 07' FLSTC the relay, your probably talking about, is under the seat in the fuse block, behind the battery. Like others said, ask the dealer where the replaced relay is located. Best of luck....

Back