free website stats program '09 heritage bars on '09 road king | Harley Davidson Forums

'09 heritage bars on '09 road king

Hubes45

All I had to do was notch the end of the bar for tbw and put a hole in the bars by the mount to run the wire. About three hours start to finish. Rode it today. HUGE difference. I've a long trip planned first of June, so that'll be the big tell, but the fifty I just put on, I think I'll be ok. No cable, hose or wire changes needed.
6cd920fc-ada7-1fa4.jpg

6cd920fc-adc0-36dc.jpg

I hope the before and after pictures worked, otherwise I can try and get something posted from the computer. Bar part number is 56569-09

I have the same bike with heated hand grips...I wonder what complications I will have. They are the same grips that come standard on the 2012 Ultra.

That looks real nice. :bigsmiley12:

I also have a 2009 FLHR and want the grips to be 3-4 inches higher, everything else (pull back, angle, end to end) to be the same. Looks like that is what I am after.

You can buy the Heritage style handlebars for the FLHR/FLTR brand new from the HD dealer that already have the notches and holes required for the TBW, you will need HD part #56902-08 they cost $79.95

You can buy the Heritage style handlebars for the FLHR/FLTR brand new from the HD dealer that already have the notches and holes required for the TBW, you will need HD part #56902-08 they cost $79.95
I wanted Stock Heritage Classic handlebars and made the mistake and bought "Heritage style handlebars #56902-08" for my Road King Classic 2010 and hated them big time. I is not the same as Heritage Classic handlebars #56569-09 and I am very happy now

Back