free website stats program 09 FLRH ABS Handlebar Upgrade (any how to sites w/pix) | Harley Davidson Forums

09 FLRH ABS Handlebar Upgrade (any how to sites w/pix)

escorial

I have a 09 RK w/ABS with and am trying to decide on what bars will work for me. I'm around 6'1" w/32" imseam. With the stock RK seat the OEM bars seem perfect except they are around a 1" or 2" too short. I tried the Mustang solo seat which moved me back a little more so I probably would be looking for bars that would work with that or if the Sundowner solo or even the Sundowner dual seat would move me a bit forward possibly I could live with the stock bars.

One of the questions I do have is would it be possible to take the top clamps off my stock bars and just move them out of the bottom clamps w/o out disconnecting anything? If so that would be a simple way for me to test bars I'm thingking about using. I figure that if I just could lay them on the bottom clamps I could tell right away if they will fit me.

Any and all tips, suggestions greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
John

Just make sure you cover the fuel tank and all the chrome if you do, it would be much easier if you had a friend or could fine a shop that had the bars you want all ready installed on a bike you could sit on. Having ABS make sure there are no problem with brake lines if you change bars.

Back