free website stats program 09 Electra glide, seat | Harley Davidson Forums

09 Electra glide, seat

cowpoke

I just got an 09 EG, and with the new frame etc. I know they sit a bit higher than previous ones.

Being short legged, I'm looking for recommendations for a aftermarket seat that sits lower but doesn't give up comfort....

Its sundowner on mine. ',got it used, pulled back cover trimmed sides feet flat footed at stops now. 30 ln inseam.

I had the same issue on my 2010 FLHTK. Instead of buying a new seat I sent mine to Mean City Cycles. They reshaped and installed memory foam. The difference is now I can securely reach the pavement and the comfort level is great. I was getting butt and back pain before, now both are not an issue. The cost was less than the purchase of a new seat, and it was customized to my liking. And the customer service was great as well....I highly recommend.

I put a LePera Maverick seat on mine. Much more comfortable and I did not need it but it also moves you lower

p.s.

I should have mentioned in the first post, but I'm also interested in how the passenger comfort changed with any new/different seat.

I did not have Mean City Cycles work on the passenger seat as it was fine for my wife. But they can work on that as well....

Back