09 Electra glide, seat

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by cowpoke, Apr 26, 2012.

1. cowpoke

cowpoke Member

I just got an 09 EG, and with the new frame etc. I know they sit a bit higher than previous ones.

Being short legged, I'm looking for recommendations for a aftermarket seat that sits lower but doesn't give up comfort....

2. tyre

tyre Active Member

Its sundowner on mine. ',got it used, pulled back cover trimmed sides feet flat footed at stops now. 30 ln inseam.

3. artfuentes

artfuentes Active Member

I had the same issue on my 2010 FLHTK. Instead of buying a new seat I sent mine to Mean City Cycles. They reshaped and installed memory foam. The difference is now I can securely reach the pavement and the comfort level is great. I was getting butt and back pain before, now both are not an issue. The cost was less than the purchase of a new seat, and it was customized to my liking. And the customer service was great as well....I highly recommend.

4. wildman9

wildman9 Active Member

I put a LePera Maverick seat on mine. Much more comfortable and I did not need it but it also moves you lower

5. Redfish-Joe

Redfish-Joe Senior Member

+1 on Mean City Cycles. They worked on my seat and I am very pleased with the results. Give them a call and tell them what you want to accomplish and they will set you up with a delivery date.

Mean City Cycles - Custom Seat Modifications

6. cowpoke

cowpoke Member

p.s.

I should have mentioned in the first post, but I'm also interested in how the passenger comfort changed with any new/different seat.

7. artfuentes

artfuentes Active Member

I did not have Mean City Cycles work on the passenger seat as it was fine for my wife. But they can work on that as well....