09 dyna fxdl

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by onehorse6592, Apr 26, 2010.

1. onehorse6592

onehorse6592 New Member

need info on how to adjust clutch?

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

3. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Listen to the Boss, the video is worth watching and a Manual is a must have

4. BOWHIKER

BOWHIKER Junior Member

Why not take it to the dealer it's under warranty ?

5. BUBBIE

BUBBIE Well-Known Member

I didn't know that "wear n tear" items were covered by warranty? The clutch is a adjustment not a problem or breakage..

Correct me if I'm not correct please.. always thought the Belt, Clutch adjustment,primary chain adjustments,lights,tires,windscreen,pegs,filters were left to the owner/rider. called normal wear items.

I do my own work and a lot of times I'll just fix it my self and Get it Done Right the first time.. whether a HD problem or not.

When ever in the way past, I would take my bike in for ?? 1000 mile service, I would have to Re-adjust the clutch, even tho I Had Asked Not to do the adjustments....

signed....BUBBIE
    Go figure!

signed....BUBBIE

6. Jack Klarich

100 per cent right on the wear and tear, you might get them to adjust it for a nominal fee but remember it should be adjusted cold

7. BOWHIKER

BOWHIKER Junior Member

I would think that if the clutch needed adjustment that soon they would do it at no charge , this may not be the case , depends on how many miles it has . I'm still looking at it as if it were new i guess .

8. Jack Klarich

If it has 1000 miles plus and you havent adjusted the clutch yet I would do it and check the primary fluid level