free website stats program 09 diagnosis | Harley Davidson Forums

09 diagnosis

09ultra

Banned
Well the dealer told me today it is my fuel pressure regulator. It will be mid next week for the part. I guess spending 23K and riding two days for 200 miles does not qualify for next day delivery by the motor company?? ( edit) !! So my ride is working for 48 hrs and now I wait a fricken week for a part for a new MC? (edit:newsmile055:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah dude that is BS.

I have to take mine in as well. I went riding with my buddy this past weekend and noticed that every time he got off his 08 street glide the lights blinked, he said it was the security system. However, for a month now mine has not done that. I read through the manual and turns out the Dealer never activated my Key Fobs so my security system was never working. So all those time I parked the bike and turned it off without locking the bike someone could have got on and rode away, Nice! I called the dealer and they told me to bring it in anytime and they would fix the issue immediately. I guess depends on the dealer and the customer service at that dealer.

I've completed my breakin on my 09. The fith gear sounds like a turbine, but smooths out in 6th. Lots of clanking and other mice related engine sounds. However, research informs me its common among these bikes. Over all, it rides smoothly. Doesn't have the power I would have expected.

I keep hearing about noises in the engine. I really don't hear any on mine. I can hear a slight whine when in 5th at a certain rpm, but it is hardly noticeable. Maybe my ears are worse than I thought! Hopefully the new JackPot pipes I have coming will ensure I never do hear them! LOL!

Has HD fixed the excessive heat issue? I have a friend in south GA that will not ride his stock 08 Ultra due to the heat. That much cash it should be ridden everyday.

Has HD fixed the excessive heat issue? I have a friend in south GA that will not ride his stock 08 Ultra due to the heat. That much cash it should be ridden everyday.

Nope. I usually pack a steak and when I get hungry I cook it under my right leg while ride, its really convenient by the time I get home dinner is ready.

I am glade to here that you had it looked at and they can fix it but. Having to wait a week for the parts is silly. how big is the dealer that you took the bike to.

WHHOOO WHOOOO!! Got my bike back and it runs great, Hesitation is gone and idles perfect. It had a bad fule pressure regulator and a cracked fuel canister.

Back