09 deluxe won't start----HELP!

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by memowonka, Jul 20, 2010.

1. memowonka

memowonka New Member

i was adjusting stock bars and throttle/levers---took bike for testrun and was working fine. I turned it off and now it won't start. The lights and all other electrical lighting working but what i don't hear or see is the startup sound and motor symbol on gauge. Can anyone point me in the right direction to fix this problem?

2. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

The Kill/Run switch is in RUN position.?

3. memowonka

memowonka New Member

yea everything is on that should be on...im thinkin when i adjusted bars could i have pulled a wire/connector outa place or trigger some kind of kill switch accidentally?

4. whatyardwork

whatyardwork Banned

Did you loosen the torx and move the levers?Im thinking you pinched the harnes.Theres a very small window that the harnes comes out.Its real easy to miss that notch and pankake a wire when you tighten it down.

5. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

What are the letters (FLSTXXX) for your bike. I have the prints for all 2009's. I will look up the wire colors etc,, if you like in order to figure it out.

6. twicecam

twicecam Active Member

flstn

7. memowonka

memowonka New Member

hey thanks guys for the suggestions....but after a clearer mind and closer inspection of the fuses it turned out to be ignition fuse--blown!.....well atleast tearin down bike gave me opportunity to clean it up..haha...thanks again....happy trails.:D

8. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Fuses blow for a reason, solve that problem first or it may happen again, dead short I E probable pinched wire:s

9. Mrtnharleyrider

Mrtnharleyrider Member

I agree Jack. Fuses don't blow for no reason.