free website stats program 09 CVO Motor/Computer Specs | Harley Davidson Forums

09 CVO Motor/Computer Specs

billnapabill

I have a new FLTRSE3 and was wondering if anyone can tell me what cams come in the 110", I believe it's a HD255, but am not sure, also, the CVO comes with the SE touring mufflers and a free flow intake filter, does this mean the closed loop computer system can handle an exhaust modification or if I take the catalytic converter off and open up the exhaust, do I need to reprogram the computer. If so what's the best way to go?, Harley Race Tuner, Power Commander, Fuel Pak.........? Or does Harley have a simple Download for modifications? :14:

The CVOs are not true performance machines; they are EPA approved machines. Put it on a dyno, stock and you will see low 70sHP/low 90sTQ; pathetic.

The cams are SE255s and fall flat about 4500 RPMs; about the only fun way to ride that bike is to short shift and stay between 3500-4500 rpms. If you have the money, replace the complete exhaust system or toss the mufflers and install some decent slipons like Rush or Cycle Shack and replace the cams with Andrews 54H or N, I forget which one works with the late cam plate. Install the TTS Mastertune and get it tuned; you will be surprised. Forget about MoCo downloads; just another way to get your money for nothing.

If you are limited to H-D cams, you would be much better off with the SE204 or SE251.

The CVOs are not true performance machines; they are EPA approved machines. Put it on a dyno, stock and you will see low 70sHP/low 90sTQ; pathetic.

The cams are SE255s and fall flat about 4500 RPMs; about the only fun way to ride that bike is to short shift and stay between 3500-4500 rpms. If you have the money, replace the complete exhaust system or toss the mufflers and install some decent slipons like Rush or Cycle Shack and replace the cams with Andrews 54H or N, I forget which one works with the late cam plate. Install the TTS Mastertune and get it tuned; you will be surprised. Forget about MoCo downloads; just another way to get your money for nothing.

If you are limited to H-D cams, you would be much better off with the SE204 or SE251.
Thanks......I had the Andwers 26G cams on my 02 Road Glide and loved em, is the 54 simular? I replaced the stock exhaust with V&H true duals and Ful Sac baffels in the muf's but, right now, they are poppin a little on decel. Don't know if I'm suckn cold air or running lean. Where can I see the TTS box, got a link? Does it reset the rev limiter?

Thanks......I had the Andwers 26G cams on my 02 Road Glide and loved em, is the 54 simular? I replaced the stock exhaust with V&H true duals and Ful Sac baffels in the muf's but, right now, they are poppin a little on decel. Don't know if I'm suckn cold air or running lean. Where can I see the TTS box, got a link? Does it reset the rev limiter?

IIRC, the TTS Mastertune was developed by the same guys that developed the SERT. Apparently it will do all the SERT will do and more, it is more user friendly and has an auto tune feature.

TTS - MasterTune EFI Programming Software

The TW54 was developed by Andrews in mid 2008, specifically for the TC96" and 103" engines.

TW26 11/35 40/08 220/228 .498 1800-5200
TW54 16/42 43/15 238/238 .555 2200-5600

The dyno charts I have seen with TW54s show a wide fat curve, pretty much across the power band of the cam. JMHO, but I think a very good option for the CVO 110" engine.

Some hi-temp RTC silicone at the muffler to header joint will stop an air infiltration there but more likely you are running lean and the summer heat just making things worse. You could do the FuelPak or a similar fuel pot type system and solve the problem but if you dump the SE255 cams for a performance cam, you will need somthing more sophisiticated to address any timing issues.

As for the factory system, it will not do an adequate job of adjusting at all RPM levels and all thottle positions; you need to tune that puppy!

IIRC, the TTS Mastertune was developed by the same guys that developed the SERT. Apparently it will do all the SERT will do and more, it is more user friendly and has an auto tune feature.

TTS - MasterTune EFI Programming Software

The TW54 was developed by Andrews in mid 2008, specifically for the TC96" and 103" engines.

TW26 11/35 40/08 220/228 .498 1800-5200
TW54 16/42 43/15 238/238 .555 2200-5600

The dyno charts I have seen with TW54s show a wide fat curve, pretty much across the power band of the cam. JMHO, but I think a very good option for the CVO 110" engine.

Some hi-temp RTC silicone at the muffler to header joint will stop an air infiltration there but more likely you are running lean and the summer heat just making things worse. You could do the FuelPak or a similar fuel pot type system and solve the problem but if you dump the SE255 cams for a performance cam, you will need somthing more sophisiticated to address any timing issues.

As for the factory system, it will not do an adequate job of adjusting at all RPM levels and all thottle positions; you need to tune that puppy!
That's the info I needed...........you The Man Dolt! Changing headerpipe gaskets this weekend, will slave some red on there too. Not planning on re-cam'n soon but I will look into a tuneable system, RC Cycles out here in CA recommends the TTS too, and they'll Dyno and dial it in. Plus, they got a good reputation.

Back