'09 Battery connection

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by gratefulEd, Jan 4, 2010.

1. gratefulEd

gratefulEd Member

I went to hookup my battery tender and found that I left the pigtail on my '82 yamaha back when I sold it. The tender also has aligator clips, so I'm using them. But I noticed that there is a stock connection coming off of the battery. Couldn't find anything about it in the owners manual. It looks like you could hook a battery tender into it but I wasn't sure. It also looks like it is fused, so maybe it's for an accessory?

2. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

Sounds like something the selling Dealer installed at the time of Dealer Prep. I had one on my bike that I could not figure out because it was not in the bike schematic.

3. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Look at the available pigtails for the OEM Battery Tender maker Deltran...just buy one, as they are $9.99 at your HD, Metric or aftermarket dealers. If you find that the plugs are identical you have a spare.

FYI, the covered conductor is positive, the exposed conductor is negative when looking at the battery wiring to plug in pigtail side. Use a DMM, black to metal chassis and stick probe into covered conductor/receptacle side, it should be the same side as the inline fuse holder 2.5A-7.5A is okay. :s