free website stats program '08 XB12S stalling... starts right back up... | Harley Davidson Forums

'08 XB12S stalling... starts right back up...

Baggh

Hey guys... I have an '08 XB12S. The "check engine" light comes on every now and again. Recently, while riding, the engine will cut off then immediately start back up (basically "clutch starting" itself while riding). I had the stator replaced by the dealer about 1,000 mile ago... the bike has just under 23K.

The battery is fine... could it be the condensor? Loose wire? Stator acting up?

Thanks in advance for any help\suggestions!

Thanks for the link Hoople. I can't help but think its a loose wire somewhere... the bike runs great, no misses, hesitation, etc... just every now and again the check engine light will come on and only once the bike stalled. Sooooo the Harley Dealer wants $42 to run a diagnostic to let me know whats up with it so I may go that route.

When it comes to various mechanical aspects of these bikes I'm not too shabby with a wrench but with the electronics... forget about it... I understand how most of it works but as far as fixing\ diagnosing.. I'm lost.

Thanks again!

If it's a 2010 bike, why do they want to charge you for the diagnostic if there is a problem with the bike?

Hey glider... it's my '08 XB12S... the warranty expired last Sept. They did replace the stator at that time (covered by warranty) so I wonder if the check engine light\ stall are related to that...?

I was having a TON of electronic issues with my 2009 1125CR (stator\charging) which led to me trading that bike in on my 2010 Sportster 48.

Try to read the error log. You should not have to take it in just for that. You will then have a better understanding of what is going on.

Back