free website stats program '08 V-ROD goes dead occasionally could be ABS related | Harley Davidson Forums

'08 V-ROD goes dead occasionally could be ABS related

vrodtomi

Hi everyone - just bought a new V-rod a month ago and right after my 1,000 mile servicing, it started dying on me occasionally. All electricity goes dead, then slowly comes back. This happens while I'm riding, when I try starting it, when it's stopped and I turn the ignition switch to run, no clear rules when it happens. A couple of times the ABS light stayed lit after electricity came back, but then I turned it off and back on again and it went away.

Took it in, the guys put it on a tester that indicated an ABS issue, they they fastened the battery connections and the tester showed all ok. Two hours later, same problem. I'm taking it in again but I'm not very hopeful...

Any other riders out there with similar problems on '08 models with ABS?

OK after the overwhelming response I got ;) I found out that it was an assembly issue, a wire was loose right out of a main relay and the guys in the shop managed to find it! Working beautifully now.

Thanks Glider the guy said he located where the bad connection was within minutes, but it took him forever to identify the specific wire because it was part of a whole bunch... I'm just glad he did finally and I'm so enjoying the bike now!

Back