free website stats program 08 ultra SE Compensator install gone wrong so far | Harley Davidson Forums

08 ultra SE Compensator install gone wrong so far

feedsack

i just installed a se comp kit i got from thr dealer to replace a old new style se comp i got from the dealer in late 2008. i changed out the whole thing including the new rotor then. im replacing it wth this kit 42200064a. After installing it the primary cover wont go on. The chain looks to be off a litlle bit 1/4 inch or so as well.
I was reading that i needed another rotor or should have gotten a different kit that included the rotor. pn 40100061.
Any other way to make this right?

img compensator 1.jpg img compensator 2.jpg I read that I have those directions it appears this side out is not the same as this side out is on the original se comp REPLACEMNT

08 ultra Not sure you have the correct kit.
42200064A
KIT-COMPENSATOR DYNA/SFTL/TOURING

Fits: Fits 12-13 Dyna® 12-13 Softail® (except FXCW FXCWC FXSB FXSBSE and 09 FXSTSSE) and 11 -13 Touring and 09-13 Trike models. Original Equipment on 14-later Dyna® Softail® and Touring models. Requires separate purchase of Installation Adhesive Kit P/N 11100088.
Maybe this kit:
http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/big-twin-compensator-pa-18-40100061--1
Fits '06-'11 Dyna®, '07-'11 Softail® (except FXCW and FXCWC), '07-'10 Touring and '07-'09 CVO™ (except '09 FXSTSSE) models. Does not fit Trike. Requires separate purchase of Installation Adhesive Kit P/N 11100088. Kit includes Rotor Assembly P/N 30041-08. Installation on ’06 Dyna® models require separate purchase of ’07-style stator.

Last edited by a moderator:
The adhesive kit does not come with the caulk gun adapter for the glue. It's p/n is 11100075 at a cost of $7.00
tourbox

If you already have replaced the compensator with the previous SE unit, you should be able to reuse that rotor.

Have a Question?Ask the Professor

LORD Maxlok MX/T6 Adhesive – Replaces Welding
$22.50–$611.28

Size
Clear

$22.50

Categories: Adhesives, Metal Bonding Adhesives, Methacrylate Adhesives Brand: LORD
Product Description
Sold: 50 ml cartridge*, 375 ml cartridge, case of (12) 50ml, case of (12) 375 ml cartridges
*Note: your price for the single 50 ml cartridge includes (1) caulking gun adapter (#DP DK-119).

Caulking gun adapter (#DP DK-119) is NOT included with other sizes or quantities.

Offering significantly higher peel strength and extended shelf life, LORD Maxlok adhesives deliver the performance you need, exactly when and where you need it.

LORD Maxlok MX/T6 acrylic adhesive replaces welding, brazing, riveting and other mechanical fastening methods especially over a wide range of temperature environments subject to high impact or high peel loads.

FEATURES AND BENEFITS
Versatile - bonds a wide range of unprepared metals with minimal substrate preparation.

TEMPERATURE RESISTANT - performs at temperatures from -40 to 300 f (-40 to +149c)

ENVIRONMENTALLY RESISTANT - resists dilute acids, alkalis, solvents, greases, oils, moisture, salt spray and weathering; provides excellent resistance to UV exposure.

Working Time, Minutes:
MX/T3: 3 -5
MX/T6: 6 -9
MX/T18: 18 - 24

Handling Time, Minutes:
MX/T3: 6 - 8
MX/T6: 20 - 24
MX/T18: 48 - 72

Downloads
Download data sheet

Related Products
Copyright Chembar, Inc. All rights reserved.

https://www.chembar.com/product/lord-maxlok-mxt6-adhesive-replaces-welding/
Here is the link where to but the adhesive, I see no reason to buy the adaptor, if you can run a bead with a tube of silicone you should be able to with this product also JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Back