free website stats program 08 Ultra Oil Leak | Harley Davidson Forums

08 Ultra Oil Leak

Rebyl

Banned
Nice long ride yesterday, but when stopped for a coffee I noticed when I came back to the bike a small pool of oil under the bike, further investigation showed that it was dripping out of the breather hose forward of the rear wheel. Have never noticed this before and there is no oil patches in the garage, certainly concerned me on the rest of the ride as oil leaking in front of rear wheel is not a good thought.

Bike has done 14000km's and had all three oils changed about two weeks ago.
Your thoughts appreciated

Nice long ride yesterday, but when stopped for a coffee I noticed when I came back to the bike a small pool of oil under the bike, further investigation showed that it was dripping out of the breather hose forward of the rear wheel. Have never noticed this before and there is no oil patches in the garage, certainly concerned me on the rest of the ride as oil leaking in front of rear wheel is not a good thought.

Bike has done 14000km's and had all three oils changed about two weeks ago.
Your thoughts appreciated

Oil tank overfilled.

Thats what I was hoping someone would say...thanks. No I just have to figure out what tyres to put on as the rear is shot, am leaning to the Avon Venom's as I had them on all my Valkyries and got excellent run from em...Thanks again

Check the levels in the trans and the engine. In front of the rear wheel would be more the trans, possibly from the vent tube off the cover of the trans.

You mentioned a service recently, that's where I would look for the proper levels.

Yep thats the one Glider. Have checked and all levels are OK, so maybe the excess has now gone...Does it need to be overfilled by much to overflow...Thanks.
Also just put a new thread up about tyres I would really appreciate your thoughts on

Already been there :D

Recheck the trans fluid level again, more than likely overfilled, an ounce or three will do it.

This thread brings to mind one of the reasons I like the Spectro 6 speed. It's Red. That makes it easy to tell whats leaking.

Back