free website stats program 08 ultra fault codes | Harley Davidson Forums

08 ultra fault codes

ewiltgen

My engine light came on today bike is running all right (maybe a little down on power maybe my imagination) Had 3 codes P1510 P2127 P2138 I can't find any information on P1510 and I don't know what (P2127 TGS2 low/open P2138 Correlation Error twist grip sensor) these mean.

P1510 Throttle actuator control limited performance

P2127 Twistgrip position sensor 2 low/open

P2138 Twistgrip position sensor correlation error

All Throttle by wire issues. There is a service bulletin for "micro motion" contact wear or fretting that pertains to these issues..

have you done any any upgrades on the handle bars IE : grips , new bars ect ? If the upgrades are done a pinched wire may cause a problem .

Nothing since it was new dealer put on new grips when I got it. I cleared the codes and filled it with gas and went for a short ride. Seems fine now but i will call my dealer monday

Cleared the codes and went for a ride Sunday it ran fine. I did let it cycle through the startup procedure before I started it up. The check engine light did not come back on.

Called the dealer this morning about the codes, Service manager wanted to know if I had just washed it, I hadn’t. But it had been parked in a very light rain that day while at work. He didn’t feel light rain would be a problem more a high pressure washer could cause a problem. Since I cleared codes he said there is little they can check unless it does it again, then bring it in and don’t clear the codes. They said it is also important when you turn on the ignition to wait for the engine light to turn off before starting the bike as that is when everything calibrates and marries up.

I have a bad habit of turning on the ignition and hitting the starter and not waiting. We will see what happens my dealer normally does a good job.

Back