free website stats program 08 ultra cruise control problems | Harley Davidson Forums

08 ultra cruise control problems

mrbil

i have an 08 ultra that has developed cruise control problems. the red/orange light comes on but when trying to engage it does various things...1)runs like it should with green light on; 2)runs for a while and disengages but the green light stays but stops pulling; 3)green light or cruise won't come on at all. in addition the ck eng light comes on at random. the dealership has had it 4 days now.........?

anyone else had a proble like this with the 08 cruise?

Last edited:
I have 9500 miles on my '08 Ultra with no throttle or cruise control issues. I have read of others having problems, but I don't personally know of anyone.

only problem i had is when they did a digital download before i got home and put in the SERT. the download turned it off in the ECM. Just had to go in and reset the feature.

I have the same symptoms on my 2009 Ultra Classic. The H-D tech has replaced the front brake switch and the Electronic Control Module (ECM). It seemed to be fine at first but the cruise is still dropping out. It will not work for awhile, then starts working again.

No, the provided cruise control initialization is for "pre 08 bikes", this thread is for an 08 and mine is an 09. Appreciate the effort though, thanks.

Last edited:
i have an 08 ultra that has developed cruise control problems. the red/orange light comes on but when trying to engage it does various things...1)runs like it should with green light on; 2)runs for a while and disengages but the green light stays but stops pulling; 3)green light or cruise won't come on at all. in addition the ck eng light comes on at random. the dealership has had it 4 days now.........?

anyone else had a proble like this with the 08 cruise?

Did you get your problem fixed? I have same problems, plus mine starts accelerating unexpectedly. Very scary!

Did you get your problem fixed? I have same problems, plus mine starts accelerating unexpectedly. Very scary!

After the tech replaced the Electronic Control Module on my 09 Ultra, the cruise dropped out a couple of times, then for awhile it seemed to be in the test mode a few days. (strange, I know) After that it cleared up and I've had no more problems since. Mine never did accelerate on its own.

Back