08 UC clock loses time

Discussion in 'Communications And Radio' started by purplehazeultra, May 29, 2010.

1. purplehazeultra

purplehazeultra Active Member

My time on the clock will loss about 1 min. a week. It is the stock radio just wanted to see if anyone else has this problem?

2. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I haven't really noticed this on my 08 FLHX.

I would have to say you should be extremely happy if this is the biggest concern you have with your bike! :s

3. purplehazeultra

purplehazeultra Active Member

I am!!!!! Got the bike April 15 and put over 2000 miles on it.
    Next to my ULTRA I love my wife the best.:gh

4. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

I just checked my '07 clock that was set to a clock/radio in the house that shows the atomic clock time (supposedly). My bike clock is 3 minutes behind, and it was synchronized the last week in April. Not far off yours. I have what I think is the latest H.K. update that was supposed to address the issue. There have been several threads on the site that you can search in the self help area. Or, you can go to HD website, and type Harmon Kardon in the search box, and it will call up the instructions, and latest software version. I'm not concerned about the minor time loss anymore. I'm retired now, so knowing which DAY it is is close enuf!:bigsmiley28:

5. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Breeze, I can relate, yet retirement is more than a dozen years off!...time or no time, now THAT is scary!:newsmile030:

Last edited: May 29, 2010
  6. Elwood

Elwood Member

My 07 Ultra does the sme thing, loses about a minute a week. NBD for me, I don't mind resetting it. On the GPS I have, that clock is spot-on. Aren't we supposed to ignore the time anyways?LOL

7. ultrat

ultrat Senior Member Contributor

my 09 is 1 to 2 min a week slow. Too..

8. TXMikey

TXMikey Junior Member

My 08 Street Glide loses about that much time also. I've installed the the software update that supposedly addresses the issue, but it doesn't seem to have helped any.

9. rn0229

rn0229 Member

My 06 FLHX's clock runs fast, always has, didn't know there was a fix for it.

10. jaceddie

jaceddie Junior Member

My 09 Ultra loses about the same as yours.