free website stats program 08 Street Glide (where did U put your batt tender pigtale) | Harley Davidson Forums

08 Street Glide (where did U put your batt tender pigtale)

escorial

I just realised that there are no rear crashbars on the bike. On my RK I just ran the battery tender plug out of the bottom of the seat and attached ot to the top of rear crashbar.

Now that the bar is missing how did you run it and attach it?

TIA,
John

Check it may have one already my 07 RG did it runs down center of the bike
Dont know as the bike will not be here for a few weeks. Center of the bike? You have me lost. Also the 08 have a different set up as far as the battery and ECM I do not know if that are able run the plug out though the hole in the frame above the started (if that is what your talking about)I would not want it there anyway because of the heat.

I asked the PO (previous owner) and he says that there is not one on the bike.

The location of the ECM is different from the 07's and ABS 08s as it is now located on top of the battery. On my 07 RK the ECM was under the side cover, on my 08 RK it was top of the battery and the HD battery tender was routed out to the left rear crashbar on the top next to the seat.

On my 07 I just left the plug puhed down in the slit in the seat for the riders backrest as I never used one. So when I needed to plug the bike in I would just reach down and pull it up.

As the 08 SG does not have the rear crashbars and the owner said it did not have one that is why I asked the question. Perhaps somone who has a 08 abs could tell me where to have the owner look?

I was told that the battery tender plug was installed by some dealers and some did not.

TIA,
John

Relax till your bike gets there you will see.
It comes on the bike on the newer ones it is run in the right place.
It runs down from the battery. I am sure it is in the same place on a SG.
SG owner speak up.
There is no fifference in a SG and RG Battery or ECM

Last edited:
I wouldnt know I bought the bike used and it has yet to be delivered. The original owner told me that no there is no plug for tha battery tender on the bike.

So if there is supposed to be one where would it be located?

Also I read that these came with cigarette lighters , does anyone know if the lighter is always hot or is it keyed? If it was hot all the time I could plug the tender in the lighter socket.

TIA,

That's a dealer installed option like a few other items. You no doubt paid for it included in the price.

My 08 Electraglide Classic came with the plug-in already installed from the dealer. It hangs down from under the seat area on the left side next to the top of the rear cylinder.

I use it for plugging in my electric vest when riding and for plugging in the battery tender when parked. I'm pretty sure most new bikes up here come with the plug-in installed from the factory so maybe it is standard on Canadian models.

I've never used a batter tender before but figured with all the modern electronics on these new fuel injected bikes along with the stereo and alarm system, its probably a good investment.

If your bike doesn't have a plug-in connector already, it's only about a ten minute job to install one with a few basic tools.

Back