free website stats program '08 Sportster Seat attachment | Harley Davidson Forums

'08 Sportster Seat attachment

W1ld Card

Alright, so I was fiddling with my new (to me) bike last night (2008 Sportster XL883), and I discovered something.

It has a nice, wide seat that fits the bike great (I would imagine a stock seat), and then it has a wee little padded seat right behind that. The main seat is quite loose, and I can bend it a little and slide it right out from between the tank and the rear seat. The only thing holding it in is a little metal stud that slides into a bracket on the bottom of the seat.

The rear-seat is bolted on to the fender, and it is quite solid.

From what I've been reading, aren't the seats also supposed to be bolted on in the back? If so, my seat does not have anything in the rear to put a bolt through.

Is this safe to ride? When I sit on it, the seat is solid and doesn't move at all, and it fits the bike rather perfectly, except it doesn't bolt on.

Thanks!

Doug

if i remember right the driver seat should be attached to the pasenger seat before the two bolt to the bike take them off and check to see if there are holes that line up

Back