free website stats program '08 SG DTC code P1511 and P2135 | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

'08 SG DTC code P1511 and P2135

It is starting to sound as though throttle by wire on a Harley wasn't quite ready for "prime time". However, I have had very little trouble with my 08 Road King. I have a tendency to drive as though the machine will always respond, perhaps it is time to exercise a bit more caution.

Ok, I am brand new here, I have the same problem as this thread is addressing. 08 Ultra, 54000 miles, 2nd owner, very well kept. DTC popped up yesterday, lost throttle at 80MPH on the way to work, shut bike off, waited 2 mins, started up and made it to work. When I got off, I rode her home, no issues, looked up the code, 1511 and 2135, figured maybe was a glitch because she got me home fine. reset DTC, and this morning she shuts down repeatedly, wouldn't start a few times, and I ended up limp-moding her the 15 miles to work, and threw her on the truck.

I will try checking, lubing and wiggling all the EFI connections, and check back here later.

If anyone has recently updated information, it would be greatly appreciated.

I see the last post is from 2015. This is a dangerous issue is there not a recall on something like this like they would have on a car ? Mine has done this for half a dozen times in the past two years taking it to three different shops and they say until it goes up completely they can't do anything about it . Well I took it to a shop and had new tires put on it today I got a mile away from the shop and it went into limp mode and threw code 1511 I limped it back to the shop they started It up fine. They cleared the code and sent me on my way I got about 3 miles from home and went into limp mode again and will not come out engine light stays on and has no power They said they would have to replace the whole throttle position sensor from the throttle all the way to the carburetor $450 part plus labor does this sound correct to anyone ?

I see the last post is from 2015. This is a dangerous issue is there not a recall on something like this like they would have on a car ? Mine has done this for half a dozen times in the past two years taking it to three different shops and they say until it goes up completely they can't do anything about it . Well I took it to a shop and had new tires put on it today I got a mile away from the shop and it went into limp mode and threw code 1511 I limped it back to the shop they started It up fine. They cleared the code and sent me on my way I got about 3 miles from home and went into limp mode again and will not come out engine light stays on and has no power They said they would have to replace the whole throttle position sensor from the throttle all the way to the carburetor $450 part plus labor does this sound correct to anyone ?
If your bike is throttle by wire, YES, there has been an update to that part number also, My 2015 Trike went south @ 12k miles under warranty. However, you may try disconnecting the wires at the throttle plate actuator clean the plug, put some dielectric grease in, There has been alot of problems with the wire connections fretting and not sending the right signal

Here is the culprit it is a Delphi made in Mexico part
# 1 is the assembly it can be had for 100.99 @ Ronnies HD
HD15FLHR077.gif

Looking @ your bike from the rs look along side of the Air Cleaner you will see a rubber boot, slide it down, you will see the connector to clean it is in the picture below
@ 19 ,15 and or 18 also
HD15FLHR084.gif

Wow, this whole thread started back in 2009 and still going/helping. :) I posted on November 19, 2009 (with 36,000 miles) that hoping the solution was the fretting at the TCA and it looks like it was. (Its now 2016 with 90,000+ miles with no code issues with the throttle by wire) Welcome to the forum jbyrd! Jack and the Gurus will have you covered not only on this gig, but "anything" that might come up. Next to Jesus and Mz Bling, these cats are the BEST!! "Read" and "do" everything they recommend and you'll sleep much better at night! :) You're not alone brother.

Wow, this whole thread started back in 2009 and still going/helping. :) I posted on November 19, 2009 (with 36,000 miles) that hoping the solution was the fretting at the TCA and it looks like it was. (Its now 2016 with 90,000+ miles with no code issues with the throttle by wire) Welcome to the forum jbyrd! Jack and the Gurus will have you covered not only on this gig, but "anything" that might come up. Next to Jesus and Mz Bling, these cats are the BEST!! "Read" and "do" everything they recommend and you'll sleep much better at night! :) You're not alone brother.
Thanks for the kudos, not deserved, just 1 of many here who have time and can help. All the members here are grat folks and chip in to help, what a grat forum we have here ;)

Back