free website stats program "08" Roadking popping on DECEL | Harley Davidson Forums

"08" Roadking popping on DECEL

I have Rhinehart exhaust /fuel injection.. I get popping & gurggling on decel??? IS there any mod I can do to help elimate this problem ?? Is it all related to the smog (EDITED)?? My first HARLEY and I "LOVE IT" THANKS for any and all help !! :D
DON

Language is not permitted on this forum.

Please read and understand the info in this link...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Your mufflers are mostly to blame for that. The low restriction will enhance the noise on decel. It's actually there with the stock mufflers but they quiet it so you can't hear it.

adding fuel with tfi is fine but to tune it all out or most out with high flow slips on you will tank your mileage and run rich

After a long run yesterday, I pulled into the garage let bike cool for 2 minutes while pulled right bag and side panel off on my 09 FLHR (TFI kept in clean rag, loose inside ABS box).... Took the TFI and opened it... I started the engine (still hot) and watched it come alive blinking like it is supposed to.. Then I adjusted the First pot .. I suspected it to be a tad on the rich side.. I adjusted More then it stumbled. Went back to where it had been,, then backed off a little more ,,,,Until it really smoothed out the idle... Just a 1/4 mark off (less) than where it used to be (suggested by dobecks)...
The rest of the pots were on the suggested values. These were working fine. I get about 45/46 on my best easy trips (normal) riding.

I have noticed a BIG difference using the TFI with my full stage one and enjoy the performance.
I know my bike ran way to lean when I first rode it out of the show room floor.
The stage one with the TFI corrected my lean condition and i really can tell a big difference from the first time with it on.. Felt like a super charger in 3 thru 6 gears.

I am going on a long ride today and knowing I'm not running lean nor too rich on idle, calling this my "sweet spot" settings on all pot adjustments, will report the mileage I get today.

I know the performance is there so I will enjoy the ride!

signed....BUBBIE

I use the Thunder Max Auto tuner to set the correct fuel mixture. It uses the closed loop with wide band 02 sensors. It self monitors air and fuel and timing (real time) weather I am riding in the mountains at higher elevations or in the desert lower elevation. I don't have any issues with overheating or decl popping on the RK SE 110.:D

had the same prob on my 03 roadking efi when i put heavy breather air filter and basanni exahust had power commander and the right map just had to add a little more fuel no popping at all now

Back