free website stats program 08 Road King New Exhaust Basics | Harley Davidson Forums

08 Road King New Exhaust Basics

nester024

I thoroughly enjoy my Road King, but the exhaust leaves something to be desired (or heard, more specifically). My father's 07 Fatboy has Vance and Hines Bigshots with a Screaming Eagle intake and fuel manager.

I like his sound, and frankly, his power output. The stock pipes on the Road King lack this. Question is, what is necessary to increase sound and power? When in a pack, I cannot hear my own bike.

If I were to add Reinhart slip-ons or true duals, would a new computer be necessary? Can the existing ECM be reflashed, and if so, at what point is that no longer possible and a new fual management system be needed? I assume the intake could use some freeing up so that would go hand in hand.

Basically, how far can I modify the intake/exhaust and be able to remap, not needing new electronics?

Reinhardt slip-ons are a good choice, the true duals aren't necessary because you loose a small amount of power on the bottom end and the benefit is only reduction in heat for the rider. No need to replace anything, just the additional fuel would be all.

The intake works hand in hand with the exhaust for increased power and the dealer remap is still on the lean side but does work without replacing/adding any electronics to the bike.

The TFI which is a simple install will richen up the fuel and free up a bit more power. Easy installation and setup with minimal tools.

Motorcycle Fuel Injection Kits and Electronic Fuel Injection Systems - EFI

Back