free website stats program 08 leftover road glide pipe question | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

08 leftover road glide pipe question

Thanks everyone! I think I will do a little drillin and see whats what, then as I save the bucks, do it right! If anyone has any other ideas, ill be glad to hear em!

Thanks everyone! I think I will do a little drillin and see whats what, then as I save the bucks, do it right! If anyone has any other ideas, ill be glad to hear em!

I personaly would not drill out your stock pipes. If they change emissions regs you may need to put them back to stock in order to get your bike inspected. There has been alot of talk about pipes and regs.

I have an 05 Glide and I pulled the stock slip on's off and took a long punch and widened the factory holes on both inlet and outlet of the pipe. It did change the tone but not dramatic and it made no changes to the performance that I could tell and has been that way since 05.

Don't get me wrong. I dont mean that it cant be done or that you shouldn't do it. What I'm saying is, If there comes a time (looks like it may come soon) that you need those pipes in stock condition to pass emissions tests or state inspection, You would have to buy another pair of stock pipes. Whereas if you just saved up and got some good sounding ones now and stored the others, it would save trouble in the long run.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an 05 Glide and I pulled the stock slip on's off and took a long punch and widened the factory holes on both inlet and outlet of the pipe. It did change the tone but not dramatic and it made no changes to the performance that I could tell and has been that way since 05.

Has anyone heard of larosa slip ons? They are inexpensive and I might get them for temporary situation until i can afford stage 1 and pipes. They have decent reviews, 16 gauge chrome. Any thoughts?

08roadglider did you attempt drilling the stock baffles?

Update on my mufflers: I have been riding with drilled baffles for a few months and the exhaust volume has noticeably risen and deepened even more. It’s not aftermarket loud, but just the right volume for my ears.

08roadglider,before you go mutilating those baffles let me just say they're not at all like the older bikes.The right side baffle has a totally different baffle than the left side,as of 07 they're a whole new creature. Check out these guys( Americancustom.com) before you buy they have several options to choose from.

Back