free website stats program '08 FLRT Cruise control | Harley Davidson Forums

'08 FLRT Cruise control

VNVWARREN

My cc works great for about 100+ miles but after that it is intermittent. Light stays green but throttle drops off, check engine light is intermittent at times stays on and then goes out. Cleared the code from memory and rerode only to have the same stuff happen.

Thanks ... should have thought of that. Noticed an earlier thread that stated the 85mph/3100rpm issue. Can live with that but then, there would not be the check engine light. will get back

The codes are P0577 and P1356. I get the Cruise Control Input High but what causes that? The 1356 was due to the fact I was using the wrong key fob. The back up fob was supposed to be set by HD ... looks like that didn't happen

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you locate connector #22. It is a 12 position black Molex connector. On a FLTR it is located Inside headlamp nacelle.

Where did you come up with P1356 being a key fob code?

It was not that it is a key fob code ... bike would not do anything without the fob in proxcimity of the bike and my son got the wrong one out of the box. I messed with the bike trying to get something going and changed fobs and codes came up. assumed the 1356 was the result of the bike not talking to the fob?????? Yes ... I can locate the connector

A P1356 is actually "rear cylinder no combustion". Not that it is relevant to the cruise control issue.
Your really trying to fix the cruise control, correct?

Yes, I am trying to fix the cruise control and any help is appreciated. There is only two mech shops here in Cody, WY and HD is over 100 miles away

You need to be able to back-probe connector #22 (that is take voltage readings & measurements) while the connector is still hooked together. But I presume you don't have an ECM break-out box..

From the pictures I see of Molex connectors, backprobing may not be easy. You may be able to slide a thin wire into the back under the rubber seal,, but I am not sure.

If you don't want to meter test and just want to take a "shot in the dark" repair at your problem, based on a code of P0577 & looking at the schematics I would say you have an intermittent Cruise Set/Resume switch.

If the switch was not crazy expensive I would just replace it.

Now if you do happen to have a break-out box, then it's a whole different story.:)

Switch is not crazy price ... it sounds more like a dirty switch contact than anything else that is causing a break in the contacts of the mating surface. Will try cleaning and get back to ya. Thanks

Back